For *those that have just lost their keys *those that are well-versed *inebriated ones *wanderers *mermaids *those that belong elsewhere *whippersnappers *marvelous ones *those that are not included in this classification *those that flutter because the moment is fleeting *boundless ones *those colored with slippery fingerpaint *others *those that resemble someone I know from a distance

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Something like renewal - Part deux

Late April and the scent of honeysuckle returns. Reminding me of last April, and the April before, and all 30 of my Aprils on this world. I like to think that all I smelled in the first month of my life was honeysuckles, mingling with the freshness of baby powder and the scent of my family. That perhaps my home was overcrowded with this perfume.

Late April and the scent of honeysuckle returns. Reminding me that it is time to buy flip-flops and start wearing skirts again. Time to eat strawberries and go swimming everyday. Time to enjoy the coolness of the evening, to stand in the sun, to dance again. Time to forget the austere winter. Time to remember who I am.

Late April and the scent of honeysuckle returns. It is time to move the fuck on.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger random tex(t) said...

here's to remembering who we are: fantastic, exciting, interesting, free-spirited and a little goofy.

(pants off, dance off!)

1:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home