For *those that have just lost their keys *those that are well-versed *inebriated ones *wanderers *mermaids *those that belong elsewhere *whippersnappers *marvelous ones *those that are not included in this classification *those that flutter because the moment is fleeting *boundless ones *those colored with slippery fingerpaint *others *those that resemble someone I know from a distance

Friday, September 30, 2005

I have been right this entire time

Ahem. For every 16 point raise in IQ, a man is 35% more likely to get married. For every 16 point raise in IQ, a woman is 40% less likely to get married. Yeah.

So, I am not crazy - I HAVE BEEN RIGHT THIS ENTIRE TIME.

Once you wrap your head around this fact, start telling people and watch their reaction. I've gotten everything from denial to apathy to giggles to people questioning my mental health. Just don't tell any evolutionary psychologists, because a) their reactions will make you want to punch them in the esophagus and spit in their eyes, and b) no one really wants to talk to an evolutionary psychologist anyway. Kind-of like Bush supporters.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chaos-Live said...

Hey now, I'm an evolutionary-leaning Psych major, and I just find that news depressing.
Probably because I'm the only man alive who actually is more inclined to marry a woman with higher intelligence (higher than mine would really do it for me).

4:10 PM

 
Blogger Holly Grahym said...

Sorry for the anti-evolutionary psychologist tone. Well, not all that sorry, but some. But I'm glad you found it depressing. Glad is not reallly the right word - comforted is better. And if you find a woman smarter than you, the good news is she's probably single.

11:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home