For *those that have just lost their keys *those that are well-versed *inebriated ones *wanderers *mermaids *those that belong elsewhere *whippersnappers *marvelous ones *those that are not included in this classification *those that flutter because the moment is fleeting *boundless ones *those colored with slippery fingerpaint *others *those that resemble someone I know from a distance

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rash-inducing mental conflagrations

What? Murakami has a book about Kafka? Is that even allowed? That seems like a dangerous combination of modern surreality that might lead to, oh I don't know, some sort-of mental and emotional conflagration that eventually culminates in some exceedingly rash behavior. Or at least a blog entry about my dream of doing something exceedingly rash in a desperate attempt to quell the stifling ennui of my existence. Or something like that.

I wonder if I will ever have the opportunity to read at my leisure again. Blink, Flow, The Botany of Desire, Freakonomics, The Tipping Point, The Anthropology of Turquoise.... There are so many books on my list, and I don't know when I will be getting around to them.

Think of all the thoughts I could be having!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anthropology of Turquoise"... ohhhh.... that's a good one. Start there.

Another one to read is Terry Tempest Williams. Her prose style comes across as so basic, but yet it has so much depth. Amazing.

9:16 AM

 
Blogger jonggyeol said...

great blog!
너무 멋진 블로그 입니다.

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home