Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Just another week in the life of a dancing nerd mystic
1. I recently committed to 1000 days of celibacy.
2. Even more recently, I've become a little...um, boy crazy?
3. Also, a little girl crazy?
4. I feel like I am barely tethered to the earth.
5. My car got broken into and I don't even care?
6. My biggest concern about the car break-in was that I was not very concerned?
7. Also, I knew it was going to happen?
8. Then I came home to 200 skull beads and delicious, delicious cake.
9. Being in love with mystery is awesome.
Labels: how I roll
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
The Quintessence of Loneliness
I am like a heroin addict
In my longing for a sublime state,
For that ground of Conscious Nothing,
Where the Rose ever
Oh, the Friend
Has done me a great favor
and has so thoroughly ruined my life,
What else would you expect
Seeing God would do!
Out of the ashes of this broken frame
There is a noble rising son pining for death,
Since we first met, Beloved,
I have become a foreigner
To every world
Except that one
In which there is only You
Or - Me.
Now that the heart has held
That which can never be touched
My subsistence is a blessed
And from that I cry out for more loneliness.
I am lonely.
I am so lonely, dear Beloved,
For the quintessence of Loneliness,
For what is more alone than God?
What is more pure and alone,
from "The Gift", Poems by Hafiz, translation by Daniel Ladinsky